Who’s into indie folk music raise your hands? Here’s a very poetic and relaxing song for you guys. (It’s not me though. How I wish.) Will keep it short. Enjoy!
It’s May and the summer fun continues here in the Philippines. Though, a lot of us are really worried about the heat because of its health risks. (Tsk.) Nonetheless, since we cannot do anything about it, we better enjoy the days we’re having, yeah? It’s all in the mind after all.
For a feel of nature, here’s one look you can get for your nails on regular summer days. I used Bobbie’s Regular Lush. But if you are heading for the beach or just trying to be more playful, go for the neon colors. Good luck and have fun!
There must be a lot of unwritten rules wherever we go, wherever you find yourself now. Like culture and tradition, gratitude and praise, I believe we live by the unwritten rules in our lives. Now what I’m directly referring to are the unwritten rules in letting go and moving on. I believe that this previous post is one of those many rules that a healing heart has come up with. And I am making this post, acknowledging the risk that I may dwell on this hopeless relationship again and dig and dig until I find my heart shattered in pieces again. But still I’d like to write what I have to say and let you know in hope that it may be of help even to just one person. It will certainly make me feel good. So here it is, with all due respect to my now recovered heart (YES. I most certainly believe), an addition to the unwritten rules of letting go and moving on.
One day when you bumped into your ex and thought that you’d rather not see them and instantly feel angry without knowing why, talk to yourself in silence, sit with this feeling and know the true reason behind it. I will not instantly call it bitterness. Though there is a possibility that you haven’t fully recovered yet and that’s another thing. Now from my own experience and point of view, just give it a day of thinking and settle it for good. Nonetheless, the relationship is over and you’ve made the goodbyes. When I started to observe myself thinking about all that’s happened again, including everything as in every thing from love to hope to that last time we were together and what I’ve been through just to get over it, I realized that it’s tiring. He is old news. That’s when I realized that this must be the unwritten rules. When you are done, you don’t think of the ex every now and then. You don’t even have to think about how you are able to get over this difficult period in your life. When it’s done, it’s done. You gotta live your life with a brand new start. You don’t chain the past chapters to your present. It won’t be healthy for you. And we always have to strive for things that will nurture our spirit. And to continuously think about a past lover over and over is not one of those.
There really are a lot of things that we do, think and feel that goes unnoticed by our consciousness. When I realized that I’ve been thinking so much about the ex like he is still a friend I just haven’t seen for quite some time, I thought “Yeah, this isn’t healthy. I never thought and I never realized that I am developing this very unhealthy habit of thinking about him even when everything’s done. Not up until I bumped into him today.” And I can only believe that this is the good thing about unexpectedly seeing him even with that sour feeling I felt.
We all deserve happiness in a world where this life is the only thing we can be so sure of. To whoever might be going through the process or have gone through and still feels like something’s wrong, I hope what I wrote today sheds some light to your consciousness.
I love wearing dresses especially maxis. I like how it covers my body and makes me feel comfortable and worry-free being the conservative me not wanting to expose skins that I think are not supposed to be seen by others. I love how it moves with wind. I’d even wear it when I sleep. Haha.
With that, here’s a collection of maxi dress inspirations I also got from the internet. And for anyone of you who also loves wearing maxi dresses, I hope you get new ideas from here too. Enjoy! ♥
I’ve always fancied getting more than two piercings on my ear. Yes, ears ONLY. I’m planning to get at least six on my left. Haha. And so far I have three. Here’s my newest on my left helix. Can you suggest any attractive kind of earrings I can put on it? Thanks!
PS. Not-so-new because I got it on February. Yeah, months!
I had second thoughts whether to write about this or not because initially I felt like it’s all just about me and what I did in the morning of May 2, 2013. But then I found out that there is a learning for what happened that may be of help to you as well.
After 12 years or so, I took my father’s bike and roam around our neighbourhood for 50 minutes. It was literally a pain in the ass because the seat was hard! Though, it was rewarding because there is a freeing quality to making something move in your own accord. I’ve been thinking of biking with friends at a park that’s quite a distance from home but we can’t find time to be together and so I thought, why not do it on my own? Sure I’m not making excuses and this isn’t just a mind-escape? So ride a bike I did.
Things aren’t going smoothly these days and I still needed time to be on my own and put all the worries aside even for a while. After biking, I changed from sweatshirt to a regular tee and start walking to University. It was a 45 minute walk that wasn’t exactly planned to be that way. I only thought of walking the first two blocks then I’ll ride a jeep from there to school. But when I turned the corner and saw the Chinese school at the far end of the road, I thought why not walk it all the way? Got nothing to do for the rest of the morning after all. So walk I did.
As I biked and as I walked, my mind started to clear of all its worries. It wasn’t permanent but at least I found time to make it stop from thinking the same things over and over again. I’m able to enjoy my music and feel my body as I move. I’m able to acknowledge myself above all my worries.
These things will not guarantee you a solution to your problems, but I believe it is a conduit for your consciousness and inner being to stay together and work things out. As you find peace in your mind, you will start to acknowledge your body and yourself. All your worries will be put aside. You will respect this time you found for yourself and just for yourself. When it’s time for you to face the problems again, you will have the drive to fight and not flight the situation. Even though the solutions may not be so easy to undertake, I believe that the time you spent keeping in touch with who you are will be enough for you to carry on.
Cheers to self-love!
Yay! I’m doing this for the very first time. I stumbled upon this list of questions on tumblr and I thought, why not bring it over to WordPress? So here it is! I made this for fun but my answers are all true far as I know. Enjoy! And maybe you can put this in your blog too! I’d love to read your answers
Please excuse the numbers. I don’t know how to fix it. Lol
- What would you name your future daughter?
- I’m thinking of Zoe, Summer, and Dominique. Not that I necessarily want to have three girls. Haha
- Do you miss anyone?
- Yeah, I do.
- What if I told you that you were pretty?
- I most probably would say thank you.
- Ever been told “it’s not you, it’s me”?
- Sort of, I think.
- What are you looking forward to in the next week?
- A house party over the weekend and requirements for graduate school.
- Did you go out or stay in last night?
- Stayed in.
- How late did you stay up last night?
- Honestly, has anyone seen you in your underwear in the past 3 months?
- My parents.
- What were you doing at 12:30 this afternoon?
- Preparing for work and stressing myself by thinking too much.
- Have you ever told somebody you loved them and not actually meant it?
- Yeah. Teenage years.
- Could you go for the rest of your life without drinking alcohol?
- Have you pretended to like someone?
- Yeah. Not exactly the romantic thing, though.
- Could you go the rest of your life without smoking a cigarette?
- Is there one person in your life that can always make you smile?
- Is it hard for you to get over someone?
- How do you define hard?
- Think back five months ago, were you single?
- Have you ever cried from being so mad?
- Hold hands with anyone this week?
- Nope. #sad
- Did your last kiss take place in/on a bed?
- Nope. Hahaha
- Who did you last see in person?
- What? Well, I am with my workmate right now if that would make sense?
- What is the last thing you said out lot?
- Keep it up. Keep having a crush on that guy. Lol
- Have you kissed three or more people in one night?
- Have you ever been to Paris?
- Probably would never have gone back. Haha. No.
- Are you good at hiding your feelings?
- Do you use chap stick?
- When the mood strikes me.
- Who did you last share a bed with?
- A girl friend.
- Are you listening to music right now?
- What is something you currently want right now?
- Maxi dresses and skirts and peace of mind!
- Were your last three kisses from the same person?
- What kind of question is this? Lol. No.
- How is your heart lately?
- Still functioning. Well if you mean whether I am in love or what, no I am not.
- Do you wear the hood on your hoodie?
- Yeah! I miss the cold days actually. I love wearing hoodies.
- When was the last time a member of the opposite sex hugged you?
- I can’t remember actually. December if I am not mistaken.
- What do people call you?
- I go by different nicknames.
- Have you ever wanted to tell someone something but didn’t?
- Are there any stressful situations in your life?
- A lot.
- What are you listening to right now?
- None. I told you. Haha
- What is wrong with you right now?
- Can’t concentrate on what’s important. I feel like I’m lacking motivation again to continue with what I do.
- Love really is a beautiful thing huh?
- Yeah. Not unless your blinded by the superficial stuff.
- Do you make wishes at 11:11?
- I tried once and never got to know if it did come true.
- What is on your wrists right now?
- Are you single/taken/heartbroken/confused/waiting for the unexpected?
- Waiting for the unexpected! Hahahaha. I’m single, seriously speaking.
- Where did you get the shirt/sweatshirt you’re wearing?
- Mom bought it.
- Have you ever regretted kissing someone?
- Have you hugged someone within the last week?
- No. Another sad thing it is.
- Have you kissed anyone in the last five days?
- Why do you have a lot of questions about kisses!? Well, no.
- What were you doing at midnight last night?
- Thinking way too much.
- Do you miss the way things were six months ago?
- No. I miss February and March, actually.
- Would you rather sleep with someone else or alone?
- Have you ever been to New York?
- Again, I would never have gone back. Hahaha
- Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it?